Thursday, December 27, 2007

Starting the new year

This is the first blog for HG Productions.  For those of you who are new to this which is all of you because I created this site today I hope you enjoy.  Any questions please feel free to send an  e-mail my way.  
The New Year is about to begin and we will do our best to entertain you with quality climbing footage from the mountains.  I just purchased the Panasonic HVX 200 HD camera.  Had a little fun down at Shelf Road last weekend with a friend Ben Schmitt.  He's climbing a hard route down there.  If you want to view it you can have a sneak preview at our website http://www.hg-productions.com/shelf.mov or Check out Alpinist TV on Monday Dec 31 and they'll post it for the rest of the world to see.

What are we up to for the New Year?  I have a friend flying in from Australia on Jan 4th - 24th so we will be traveling around the southwest to climb.  I will be in Ouray starting Jan 6th - the festival.  Should be a good time, it's been cold as shit here in Colo Spgs so I image the ice is forming up very nice in the southwest.  

I'm sure many of you are asking yourself, "What's with this Supercrack film I keep hearing about".  Or maybe you haven't heard of it till now and you're wondering what Supercrack is.  I've teamed up with Stewart Green who filmed the first ascent of Supercrack in 1976 with a 8mm camera.  I begin interviewing tomorrow with some of the boys who climbed this popular Indian Creek climb.  Can anyone guess?  Or does anyone know the three guys who climbed the first ascent of this?  The first person to e-mail me the correct answer (first and last name of the climbers) before Jan 31 will receive a free copy of "Higher Ground".  

That's it for now but keep posted for updates of what we're up to.  
enjoy the day!
-chris

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Chris...if you need a camp be-atch while you're out doin a little Supercrack research, I'm available. I make a mean GORP stew. Oh, and aren't you afraid that making a movie about this special place in Indian Creek will EXPOSE it?? haha

steenz (Bend)